June Lake 2016

June Lake 2016

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Still with Friends







Skiing alone in winter woods, and not alone.












Deep snow I’d fall through were it not for long skis spreading the load.














Once in a while the plop of a snowball falling from a limb.
The swish of my skis.
 Otherwise silent.
















I’m not sad alone; my friends the trees are with me.














My father and mother, Mary and Bandi, are with me.  And you back home are with me too.  

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully silent...Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How peaceful and calming is a thoughtful silence. Thank you for carrying us along.
    Muhsin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you, Muhsin. We all have adventures; mine are just a bit different and perhaps easier to share.

      Delete
  3. Sharon, your images profoundly embody your words in all your posts. In this post, surely you capture silence so peacefully with shadows,light and sparkles in the snow .. as if there were no person with camera to capture, we tip toed in somehow to the heights of such natural serenity so we too could be serene amidst the strength and magnitude of these ever-faithful trees. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Junnie. I was struck by how still these snowy woods and how still the passing of Father and Mother, Mary and Bandi. "Shadows, light and sparkles in the snow" reflect their lives. "Tiptoe to the height of natural serenity" - yes. These ever-faithful trees.

      Delete
  4. Trees of Sharon's Summer

    They stand tall
    Angels, In white
    snow robes
    watching over
    visitors
    to Snow
    Heaven

    ~ Kathleen Jacobson

    ReplyDelete